HOW TO APPLY
The application is basically just a long form to fill in – it is longer than the others but it has had a good success rate amongst Woodcraft districts in the past.
- You can apply at any point in the year and there is no set deadline day
- Applications must be at least 12 weeks in advance of project start date
- Project completion is ideally within 12 months though they will consider longer projects if there’s a good rationale
- No more than £10,000 in any one year based on date of grant confirmation.
What to apply for
Awards for all like to make a long-term difference. You are much better off applying for equipment or training rather than for on-going costs. If you need a new Marquee or more tents this is what to apply for.
How to do it
- Check the criteria
- Have a look at this example from Birkenhead district for travel, camp fees and a spring weekend camp to prepare
- We have been advised by the helpline: At the start of the form, tick ‘unregistered voluntary or community organisation’ (since you are an independent group with your own bank account, Woodcraft’s charity number doesn’t count here)
- Use the helpline if you get stuck! They’re really helpful. You can also get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org